[sugar] Tagged Journal Proposal

Eduardo H. Silva hoboprimate
Tue Sep 23 22:12:38 EDT 2008

One extra thing that epiphany has that you didn't explicitelly showed
in your mockup is, as you select/type tags, the "most popular and/or
recent" section of the tag pane gets "related tags" thrown into its
mix. Related tags are those which have been applied to objects along
side the typed one(s).

Also, what completion should be made for text typed in the Search box?
I think it best to only suggest tags, not only to make it simple (and
performant), but also because the object entries results could be seen
as already being suggestions.

As for labels, there are the static saved searches (which may be
usefull to collecting for a frozen bunch of "found" entries), and
dynamic saved searches (your fuzzy idea! Perhaps more usefull to
power-users, but that is the point of sugar, let kids reach for the
sky, right?).

Eben also suggested once just adding an extra unique tag to a bunch of
different objects, thus making a static collection of objects (So you
would archive a project called "Report on solar system", and this
"label" would be added to photos, conversations, text, webpages, etc.
which where part of it).

Hope I've not confused this last part about collections and saved
searches (it certainly is becoming confusing to me :) )

Eduardo