[sugar] feedback about usage of the journal in uruguay (was Re: Supporting desktop applications, extending the EWMH spec)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Tue Sep 23 09:23:14 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Erik Garrison <erik at laptop.org> wrote:

> For what it's worth, it is also my impression.  I have heard similarly
> from virtually all technically-oriented parties involved.  I have heard
> echos of this from less technical users (e.g. teachers who are confused
> by the behavior of the journal).

Please Erik, would you mind to share that feedback with the rest of
the team? I asked you once already:

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-September/019123.html

I'm devoting now my own free time to improve these issues because no
resources have been allocated to the DataStore since almost a year ago
(so, since before the first formal release of Sugar). I would be very
glad if you decided to help this effort with feedback from the field,
sincere and constructive criticism of the design goals, feedback on
the implementation design and patches.

Thanks,

Tomeu