[sugar] apis at 4%

David Farning dfarning
Mon Sep 22 10:25:15 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 10:15 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> > Yes, pydocweb uses merge from GNUs RCS to handle changes between the
> > docstrings in the pydocweb database and the source code.  Whatever merge
> > can not figure out, is flagged for editor attention.
>
> I will commit it, let me know if it causes any problem.

The changes you made to the git tree have propagated back to pydocweb.
They have been flagged for merging at
http://sugarlabs1.xen.prgmr.com/pydocweb/merge/ .

Until I feel comfortable that pydocweb is working correctly, it is
re-syncing from dev.laptop.org every six hours.  Then, I will reduce the
syncing to every 24 hours.

Syncing from git requires a 'sugar-jhbuild build.'  By parsing the
string from .../sugar-jhbuild/install/libs/python2.5/sitepackages/ , the
module reflection and introspection features work better.  It is kind of
expensive.  If tinderbox is rebuilding, and pydocweb is resyncing,  It
can take 30 seconds to get the web site to respond.

> >>  There is a long line in alert.py which is causing a pylint warning.
> > Could you turn off the documentation related pylint warnings for now?  I
> > am getting hundreds of warnings from pydocweb about errors in our
> > docstrings:(  Over the next few weeks we can work through the pydocweb
> > warnings, then turn the pylint warning back on.
>
> The warning I have is just a line too long, so not documentation
> specific and it's the only one I'm getting. I'm not sure which errors
> you are referring to here?

Pydocweb has a bunch of user configurable documentation warnings to report such as;
line length longer the 80 chars, missing docstrings, missing parameter
list, missing brief......

> >> * I think it would be better to keep the top block of documentation
> >> under the license.
> >
> > Which file was mangled? I can file a bug about the location of package
> > level docstrings.
>
> alert.py
bug filed

thanks