[sugar] Fedora question from the field

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Mon Sep 22 04:29:41 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/Submit_Bugs/Problems#Login_fail_on_Fedora_9

The Fedora 9 packages are basically untested :( Rawhide is getting
much better. Perhaps we should spend a bit of time one of these days
and push the latest packages in Fedora 9.

> Which leads to a meta question: how should we be handling questions
> regarding the distros? Is there Fedora support we should be directing
> people to in the wiki? (The same question for Debian and Ubuntu.)

There is a sugar component on bugzilla.redhat.com which can be used
for distribution specific issues. Upstream issues should be reported
to dev.laptop.org. Yeah, it can be hard/impossible for the user to
know if it's distribution or upstream. I suggest to always give
priority to upstream when unsure.

Marco