[sugar] Supporting desktop applications, extending the EWMH spec

Walter Bender walter.bender
Sun Sep 21 12:37:39 EDT 2008

The X Activity is pretty straight forward. But it does not integrate
the Sugar copy/paste/theming etc. The point of my question was not so
much to question those goals as much as to ask if we have data re what
percentage of "legacy" applications are multiwindow? If it is a small
percentage, then maybe we shouldn't be so focused on their support at
the expense of the simplicity we are striving for in the whole. Again,
as useful as The Gimp is, it is a mess with any WM, so we should be
wary of it skewing the rest of the discussion.

-walter

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs