[sugar] Second pass in the 0.84 goals

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Sat Sep 20 09:54:20 EDT 2008

> The current plan is to land a rewrite of the datastore early in the
> release cycle, using the same API and the same user interface. That
> will mostly help reliability and performance but it's also a
> prerequisite for the new design and likely for any journal UI
> improvement. It might or might not support versions.
>
> What is not defined is which new features we should aim to develop on
> the top of the new datastore in the 0.84 release cycle.

The Journal "concept" promised to replace traditional 'hierarchical'
access with 'intelligently filtered' data access.  But the existing
'filters' available in Journal are pathetic.  DESPERATELY needed are
sorting of displayed entries, "filtering" on 'tags', and "stacking"
of search terms (i.e., to provide the equivalent of "search within
previous result").

mikus