[sugar] Supporting desktop applications, extending the EWMH spec

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Fri Sep 19 14:55:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Bobby Powers <bobbypowers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are we set on moving to metacity?  I remember murmurs of using xmonad,
> as well as another wm I can't remember the name of.  Are these
> stacking/hinting problems common to all window mangers, or just
> metacity?

They are common to all standard compliant window manager. To be honest
I haven't even looked into the metacity implementation in detail yet.
I'm trying to figure out something that make sense on the base of the
EWMH specification.

Marco