[sugar] License your bundles, please!

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Fri Sep 12 10:51:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 10:26 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:41:41AM -0400, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>>>John Gilmore has been pushing us to get our licensing ducks in a row.
>>>The one remaining problem has been activities and content bundles: we
>>>can't legally distribute bundles that don't have a clear statement of
>>>license.
>>
>> There is also licensing problems in some PO-files.
>>
>> POT-files should replace PACKAGE with actual package name.
>>
>> PO-files should include both proper copyright and licensing info.
>
> Could you suggest a patch to
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/image-builder or a stand-alone
> script that could audit for such problems?
>
> I believe most of our po files are generated/maintained by a Pootle
> instance; Sayamindu, is patching Pootle to check for reasonable
> license information feasible?  That would address the problem at the
> source.
>  --scott

I'll talk with the Pootle developers to figure out the best way to do
this. If they have a patch, or if the solution is easy enough, I'll
patch our Pootle installation ASAP (we already have a Pootle upgrade
coming up - I'm waiting for upstream to declare the RC as final).

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta