[sugar] License your bundles, please!

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Thu Sep 11 12:56:40 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:41:41AM -0400, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>>John Gilmore has been pushing us to get our licensing ducks in a row.
>>The one remaining problem has been activities and content bundles: we
>>can't legally distribute bundles that don't have a clear statement of
>>license.
>
> There is also licensing problems in some PO-files.
>
> POT-files should replace PACKAGE with actual package name.
>
> PO-files should include both proper copyright and licensing info.

Could you suggest a patch to
http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/image-builder or a stand-alone
script that could audit for such problems?

I believe most of our po files are generated/maintained by a Pootle
instance; Sayamindu, is patching Pootle to check for reasonable
license information feasible?  That would address the problem at the
source.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )