[sugar] Freeform layout algorithm

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Wed Sep 10 13:44:07 EDT 2008

To all interested:

I've uploaded a working demo of the algorithm, with source code:

http://interdimensionmedia.com/scratch/placer/

The instructions are listed beneath the applet (sorry, Java
required...); you'll have to click on the applet to focus it for
keyboard input.  You're also welcome to modify the source in any way
and post new versions of the demo representing new algorithms.  You'll
need to download Processing (http://processing.org), an environment
built on top of Java for programming 2D and 3D visualizations, in
order to modify the demo.

I look forward to comments on the behavior of the current algorithm,
and faster and/or more accurate algorithms as well!

- Eben