[sugar] Activity testing on current 8.2 build 759

Gary C Martin gary
Mon Sep 8 23:40:46 EDT 2008

On 9 Sep 2008, at 04:09, Erik Garrison wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 03:18:29AM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:
>>
>> ==============================
>>
>> Paint-20
>> Could start? Yes
>> Could stop? Yes
>> Sound: N/A
>> Activity resume: Useful state is restored
>>
>> Note: Very laggy when you try to draw, perhaps 1 to 2 seconds behind
>> mouse movement! Currently quite unusable on XO hardware.
>>
>> ==============================
>>

> I've noticed this on 2263.  Perhaps it's a result of mouse driver
> changes?

Yea, pretty high possibility. It was suggested that with the new
improved (higher frequency) of mouse tracking event messages, Paint is
now unable to keep up it's drawing rate. The suggestion being Paints
design needs a tweak so that it doesn't try to respond to every single
mouse event. Oh dear I'm now really badly paraphrasing Jim Gettys, of
all people, so I'll just stand back and point to his email earlier in
the week incase you missed :-)

	http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-September/008100.html

--G