[sugar] Activity testing on current 8.2 build 759

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Mon Sep 8 07:36:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 04:18, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> In no particular order, here's a list of basic activity test results
> for the current 8.2 build 759 on a B4 XO. I've included both success
> and failure so folks know what was tested. I was a little surprised to
> see quite how many activities don't actually keep any useful state in
> the Journal for resuming ? though I'm also an offender here if you
> don't count a version in git I haven't .xo bundled yet :-)

Thanks Gary, this is great!

> Read-50
> Could start? Yes
> Could stop? Yes
> Sound: N/A
> Activity resume: No useful state
>
> Note: Expected previous pdf page number to be displayed after a
> resume. Starting an empty read activity from a home view should invoke
> the journal object picker to allow pdf selection.

The page number is stored in a non-standard attribute in the metadata,
which currently doesn't get stored in the datastore properly. That is
#4662.

I've logged your suggestion about the journal object picker as #8350.

Regards
Morgan