[sugar] Sugar on the BeagleBoard using the OpenEmbedded toolkit.

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx
Thu Sep 4 17:49:02 EDT 2008

That's truth one could run for example measure on top of sugar (on the
beagleboard) and beging to do some bio signal special adaptations in order
to make a low-cost health module-analyser.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:

> The folks who have been interested in the OLPC for health may be
> interested.
>
> -walter
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:40 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 13:14 -0700, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> have
> >>
> >> Very good. Thank you.
> >>
> >> I see that BeagleBoards list at $149. Do you have any idea of quantity
> >> pricing? Apparently TI sells them only through Digikey, which only
> >> gives single-unit prices on its site. I can see applications for data
> >> acquisition and control worldwide, as well as for teaching embedded
> >> systems development. I am thinking of possibilities for placement of
> >> systems through microfinance, assuming that we can find and document
> >> ways to increase income using BeagleBoard+Sugar more efficiently than
> >> by other methods.
> >
> > The BeagleBoard is a development platform for introducing developers to
> > the OMAP35x family of processors.  I don't believe that it was meant for
> > endusers.  The interesting question I my mind is, 'Who will be the first
> > to leverage the chipset into low cost thin clients or laptops for use
> > classrooms?'
> >
> > thanks
> > dfarning

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero