[sugar] Sugar on the BeagleBoard using the OpenEmbedded toolkit.

Kridner, Jason jdk
Wed Sep 3 17:14:24 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>
> wrote:
> >
> > Op 22 aug 2008, om 02:29 heeft David Farning het volgende
> geschreven:
> >
> >> Welcome to the Sugar on the BeagleBoard project.  It seems that we
> have
> >> all of the pieces in place to do a port.
>
> Very good. Thank you.
>
> I see that BeagleBoards list at $149. Do you have any idea of
> quantity
> pricing? Apparently TI sells them only through Digikey, which only
> gives single-unit prices on its site. I can see applications for data
> acquisition and control worldwide, as well as for teaching embedded
> systems development. I am thinking of possibilities for placement of
> systems through microfinance, assuming that we can find and document
> ways to increase income using BeagleBoard+Sugar more efficiently than
> by other methods.

I do not believe that Digi-Key plans any volume pricing for Beagle Boards.  The boards themselves are not a TI product, despite a TI developer being responsible for the design.  The schematic and layout are all open and anyone can buy the parts and make them.  Digi-Key has been very good and has purchased a few thousand boards through a contract manufacturer to provide them to the open source development community and a good price (and we are very happy about that).

Koen has replied to the Angstrom and OE related questions in the other thread so...

<snip>