[sugar] Please help test our new 8.2.0 Alpha release candidate, 8.2-757!

Kevin Cole kevin.cole
Tue Sep 2 15:13:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Kevin Cole <kevin.cole at gallaudet.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org>wrote:
>
>> We are thrilled to announce our zeroth (Alpha) 8.2 release candidate,
>> 8.2-757, valid until Wednesday, September 3.
>>

> Since I've probably "done it to myself," I thought I'd ask here first
> before submitting what may not be a bug, or two.  I did a clean install of
> joyride-2263, and have done subsequent "olpc-update's", together with "yum
> update's".  I don't know at which stage I lost a few things, but since at
> least 2301, and the above 8.2-757,
>
> * MeasureActivity fails with:
>   ImportError: No module named Numeric
>   (I have the entire log handy, but it's still got all the ANSI color
> escapes in it.)

P.S. I don't have the laptop handy but I believe "rpm --verify
python-numeric" gave me an a-okay...  So, it's there, but not being found.
(Or I'm mistaken about what it's looking for.)