[sugar] OT: Anybody worked with robot and OLPC

David Farning dfarning
Tue Sep 2 10:48:21 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 19:01 -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:
> Hi
>
> maybe this can be of interest,
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Peripherals/Robots
>
> this is planned  with open hardware.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Open_Hardware.
>

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Carlos mauro <unimauro at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Hello Friends.
>
>         Someone made a robot using only the OLPC. There is a project
>         to adapt to the OLPC iRobot of microsoft.
>
>         I am going to bring the artificial intelligence. The teacher
>         will use the robotic irobor and microsoft for the course. I
>         wonder if you could use an OLPC to make a robot and program
>         intelligent agents. The idea is a purely academic post so that
>         in future we will work with cooperative multi robot players.

On a related note... The open embedded[1] guys are making good progress
on porting Sugar to the open embedded platform.  In particular the
effort is being driven by the desire to run sugar on the Beagleboard[2].

A project that would make the transition from a turtle cursor, in turtle
art, to a little robotic turtle zipping around around the room would be
very cool.

thanks
dfarning

1. http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Main_Page