[sugar] Releasing with a single command

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Wed Oct 29 10:33:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 16:29, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Morgan Collett
> <morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It worked for me with Chat, with the following notes:
>
> Wow, thanks for testing!
>
>> * It depends on python-feedparser - should I add this to the ubuntu sysdeps?
>
> The tool is currently separated from jhbuild (it can work also for
> normal activities checkout on a sugar distribution). Perhaps we should
> add it to jhbuild though, in tools.modules. That way you can also just
> type "release" in jhbuild, without giving the full path.

Sounds good.

>> * It named the git commit as "Release 60" (including the quotes)
>> whereas previously bundlebuilder named it "Release version xx."
>> (without extra quotes).
>
> Fixed.
>
> Thanks for testing!

No problem - it saved me a bunch of work :)

I edited the output for the release mail because it initially included
a bunch of things fixed in releases on the sucrose-0.82 branch, but
for regular releases where the previous release was on the same
branch, it should work very well.

Regards
Morgan