[sugar] October 29 - Tarballs due for 0.83.1

Bert Freudenberg bert
Tue Oct 28 18:04:07 EDT 2008

On 28.10.2008, at 14:20, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de
> > wrote:
>> Guess I should make Etoys cope with the changed datastore interface
>> then.
>
> Did the interface change? I think tomeu new datastore actually has the
> same dbus interface...

Well, some of the API uses "variable" types, so even if the interface
does not change literally, changing the types involved poses a problem.

E.g., meta-data properties are declared as dictionary with string keys
but arbitrary values ("a{sv}"). In practice, all meta data values are
strings. They used to use the String ("s") D-Bus type, but now Tomeu
changed it to byte arrays ("ay"). This is breaking Etoys resume which
reads the title property and expects a String but gets a ByteArray.

- Bert -