[sugar] 9.1 Proposal: Control Facility Improvements

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos
Fri Oct 24 12:50:32 EDT 2008

While I dislike to add clutter, such buttons would make things more
evident, a.k.a. intuitive / usable

Now, genesee has a point, some of the activities are huge -  how can the
user make an informed decision?  maybe adding the information on the
size?  (more clutter....)

Oh my, wouldn't it be nice the system intelligently assessed potential
download time, and instead of announcing the size of the activity (a
meningless number to our audience that supposedly is not mostly made up
of geeks) it indicated the _time_ it would take to complete the
operation, i.e., by each button, so I know that if I want to download
all the updates, it might take me 15 minutes... , if I just want to
update Chat, 30 seconds.
That assessment could happen when the system is checking what updates
are available.

I _like_ that the journal now tells me how much memory I have
available.  Kudos to the implementor!!!

Yama