[sugar] Proposals for XO Mini-conference Due by Monday October 27

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Thu Oct 23 15:43:25 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are planning a mini-conference at OLPC headquarters November 17 - 21.
> Starting at the end of the day US ET, Monday October 27th we will review
> all proposals and begin setting the agenda for the conference.

It would probably be worthwhile to save a few 'lightning talk' slots
of, say, 5 minutes each, spread throughout the week.  Last minute
ideas, or ideas generated by discussion during the week, can get
slotted into a lightning talk slot on the fly.

I've also found 'lightning talks' to be very useful for filling time
if a speaker is late, has technical problems, or etc.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )