[sugar] World readable documentation for Chandler rearchitecture

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Wed Oct 22 12:14:06 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Ivan Krsti?
<krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2008, at 11:39 AM, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>>
>> I notice that, at the moment, there are lots of references to
>> 'trellis'; I'd love to see some documentation about the exact what,
>> why, and how of this.
>
> Trellis is Philip Eby's simplified, pseudo-STM based async processing system
> for Python:
>
>    <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Trellis>

Cute!

Better Chandler doc references to Trellis would still be nice.  From
the Chandler docs I get a vague idea that Trellis is being used to
keep various bits of data up-to-date, and I *think* the 'current time'
is treated as a trellis variable as well, but a "big picture" overview
could be helpful.  Is there a regular second-by-second tick which is
being propagated through Trellis to trigger events, or what?
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )