[sugar] [IAEP] sugar-toolkit bindings

Aleksey Lim alsroot
Tue Oct 21 08:25:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 01:21:30PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> IMHO it's not worth replicating sugar-toolkit in C (and certainly not
> *yet*, given the API is still in flux). The D-Bus API is reasonably easy to
> use and independent of your choice of language. See
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Low-level_Activity_API
OK, my two mistakes
- I started implementing Ruby classes from sugar/graphics and from that point
  of view (gobjects from sugar/graphics) its nice to have graphics primitives
  (like root window, toolbars, signals, ...) common for all langs, yes its
  not whole sugar-toolkit but only sugar/graphics
- and I automatic moved my view to DBus wrappers in sugar-toolkit
  that was my fault, but there is one good thing - it can be base for
  C binding :)