[sugar] simple hacks to improve the performance of the Sugar UI

Erik Garrison erik
Mon Oct 20 11:23:06 EDT 2008

Per C. Scott's suggestion, I have created trac tickets for each of the
first three items.  A very old ticket exists for the 4th.

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8852

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8853

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8854

>  4) compcache, http://code.google.com/p/compcache/, which makes a
> compressed block device usable for swap out of a chunk of RAM.  By
> compressing unused pages this system may offset memory usage increases
> incurred by using composite.

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/28

an old one!

Erik