[sugar] 9.1 Proposal: "Asynchronous internet"

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Fri Oct 17 16:19:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> Installing a content bundle should be almost exactly the same thing as
> installing new content into the offline cache, with only some small
> hook for making it appear in the XO home page.  Much of the fancy

I had a number of other things listed in my 9.1.0 to-do list under
"library improvements" which could get absorbed here:
    *  The current library bundle API is a mess, doesn't match the
documentation on the wiki, is inconsistent with the activity.info
format, etc.
    * Merging content and activities -- a bundle ought to be able to
have *both* a library.info *and* an activity.info
    * Using a content format which is consistent with "offline
internet" content -- more or less consider installing content files as
pushing stuff into an offline cache
    * Dynamic generation of the top-level "home" page so we don't need
to run the indexer after installing content bundles.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )