[sugar] 9.1 Proposal: Translation improvements

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Fri Oct 17 16:08:38 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>> I expect Sayamindu can probably give a better talk than me on this.
>> But I'm willing to give a short talk on "translation things I'd like
>> to see in 9.1":
>>     *  "multiple languages, multiple places": translation system
>> should look in local, then activity, then system translation tables,
>> then repeat for each in a set of fallback languages (eg, quechua,
>> spanish, english)
>>     * separable translation packs
>>     * "click-to-translate": wiki-like editing of translatable labels in the UI
>
> * Consideration of the security implications of separable translation packs.

That should probably be pushed at least partly into the "Security
proposals for 9.1" talk -- unless you have a concrete proposal you'd
like to present?  I don't have any specific ideas myself for security
other than that it should be very easy to *uninstall* the translation
pack (revert to a previous version?) if it turns out to be unhelpful.
 The security considerations seem very similar to those for "activity
updates", which I've been twisting Michael's arm about.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )