[sugar] 9.1 Proposal: Legacy compatibility.

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Fri Oct 17 15:29:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:23 PM, <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> can we stop referring to anything non-sugary as a "legacy" app.
>>
>> i'd submit that we all use dozens of such apps every day, most
>> of which are in no danger of going away anytime soon.  :-)
>
> I'm using "standard desktop applications" :)

I agree totally with the sentiments here.  I got in the habit of
calling them "legacy apps" back when OLPC was convinced that it was
going to be the largest linux distro overnight, and the world would
bow to our "standards".  Really, what I mean is "dogfooding Sugar" --
I want to use Sugar as my normal everyday desktop environment.

Maybe I should retitle my proposal, "Making Sugar fit to feed to dogs". ;-)
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )