[sugar] 9.1 Proposal: Legacy compatibility.

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Fri Oct 17 15:14:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:07 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:

>  * making sugar behave well when run in non-full-screen-mode under
> metacity.  This includes refactoring home/friends/mesh view as
> operations on root window, so they make sense in a multiwindow setup.
> (It's been suggested that looking at the xpenguins code is instructive
> for understanding how nautilus,etc arrange their root window.)

I have yet to understand what you have in mind about this and why using a
desktop window (like we are doing) would play bad in a multi window setup.
Happy to discuss it at the meetings.

>  * Switch to standard freedesktop.org startup notification mechanism:
> ticket #5271

I'm planning to work on this soon, especially (but not necessarily) if we
make a call about upgrading to Fedora 10 or not.

Marco