[sugar] 9.1 Proposal: Journal, reloaded.

C. Scott Ananian cscott
Fri Oct 17 14:59:49 EDT 2008

As described at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Journal_reloaded, I've been
working on some "next generation" Journal code, borrowing liberally
from ideas presented by many people.  I will present the current
status of the work, solicit ideas and feedback, and propose a roadmap
for getting as much as possible into 9.1 (and which parts are likely
to miss the 9.1 boat).

I encourage proposals of other Journal ideas, suggestions for concrete
comparison & usability tests, etc.  I'm actually hoping to have
working code sufficiently in advance of the meeting that
counter-proposals will be able to be presented as patches, so ideally
we can work them all out and see how they fare.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )