[sugar] Datastore and Nautilus, an amusing ponder

Martin Dengler martin
Thu Oct 16 08:11:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 07:37:52PM -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> I'm really not sure why I wrote this e-mail.

Thanks for writing it.

> Maybe it's to say that even our easiest options for interoperability
> are actually quite complex, fragile, and dangerous.

Worse is Better (I realize, based on TLDs, that I'm probably not
preaching to the  here).

We should a) _ship_ things that b) doesn't suck. We can't just do a)
or talk about doing b).  Sorry for the platitudes - but I'd say that
not only is your assessment correct, it implies that we need to make
decisions that are *known* to result in non-ideal situations.  This is
better than the alternative, which is to be forced to make those types
of decisions.

> - --Ben

Martin