[sugar] code contributions to Sugar (was Re: Sugar Clock)

David Farning dfarning
Wed Oct 15 09:14:08 EDT 2008

A good first towards solving this challenge is developing a project level self awareness of the different types of decisions we make.
1. Pedagogical
2. Technical
3. Political

As a general rule we should strive to make decisions base on their pedagogical soundness, technical merit, and political expediency; In that order.  I am not sure how to implement this. Maybe they should be stated project values?
thanks
david

On  10/15/2008, 03:30, Tomeu Vizoso (tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net) wrote:On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz  wrote: > > P.S. I think this is a good example of why contributing to Sugar is > necessarily hard.  Many small technical contributions from the community > require significant policy decisions by the leaders.  When Sugar's > subsystems are as mature and rationalized as the kernel's, then perhaps we > will be able to add small components without needing big decisions, but > that point is still years away.  Anybody has ideas about how we could improve this? One thing that may help is the recent refactoring that Marco made in the shell. Adding a clock widget to the frame is now a matter of dropping a .py file in the extensions/deviceicon directory. What else needs to happen?  Regards,  Tomeu _______________________________________________ Sugar mailing list Sugar at lists.laptop.org http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/sugar