No subject

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Tue Oct 14 06:27:28 EDT 2008

Tech problems I have noticed:

file artifacts in the journal--the process went something like
this-insert a flash drive to the xo that has a lot of files on it from
windows computer, they show up in journal, remove flash drive, erase
many of the files on a windows machine, use the flash drive with
windows, mac and linux computers for a couple weeks, put it back in
the XO and old files that have been deleted are still cluttering up
the journal in usb view mode.

The team had a hard time remembering all the services that need turned
on when setting up a server.  configuring to always start all
necessary server services at runtime would help.

In 650 and 656 the team saw a few instances of the journal
disappearing-reinstalling the journal activity fixed this.

When using an activity customization key, the additional Scratch Media
and Project files and folders were not unzipped/installed with the
activity.  the team and teachers depend on that media to be there for
teaching purposes

olpc-update froze up and didn't do anything when going from 656 to 703.

A work-around still needs to be developed for the 1000 pilot XOs that
don't type in Mongolian.  Either manufacturing data needs adjusted to
auto-configure to the English/Mongolian hybrid keyboard, or a keyboard
config file hack needs to be done (though this would be subsequently
over-written in later OS updates).

A language pack update option would be a good Sugar Control Panel addition

----

Tomeu, in terms of the questions you asked below I will respond shortly.

Elana