[sugar] (very) Little Proposals for 9.1

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Mon Oct 13 07:29:51 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> > Giovanna: Why not to enable shut-down from the XO icon of any of the
> standard view? The icon is always there in the middle of screen but "works"
> only in one...  (in general, maybe enabling the hoovering menu in all of the
> views Home, Neighborhood, Group  could make sense and could be reasonably
>  easy to do....)
>
> The idea was that you do not need to shut down, rather suspend the
> machine :) The palette in the mesh and group view could be used for
> something else as well.

Then we should not have a shutdown button at all :) Making the palette
consistent between views would make some sense to me.

> > Nicola: Should be nice to have a bit more feedback regarding already
> running activity into the home view, since now he has a more "immediate"
> approach to the system and he is not, as now,  yet really interested to the
> past story of his interaction to the system, so he do not care ('till now)
> so much of the journal and frame.
> > For his approach a visual hints of running activities (let's say the
> activity icon in the circle to became colored and switch default click acton
> to be resume ), maybe could be more useful for his basic approach....
>
> Eben had some ideas about that. Eben, what was the last outcome on this?

Benjamin  proposed that by default clicking on the home view you would
activate the currently running activity (and the icon would be coloured to
indicate it). I don't think we made a call about it yet. A good point to
discuss in the next design meeting I guess...

Marco