[sugar] notes from the field - Mongolia

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Fri Oct 10 08:43:53 EDT 2008

2008/10/10 Deniz Kural <denizkural at gmail.com>:
> This whole "why would you need a USB in mongolia?"  conversation shows how
> out of touch some people on this list are with the people the project is
> trying to reach.

Deniz,

this list if composed by people from all around the world, some of
which have had contact with some cultures, others with other cultures.
What we have in common is the desire to build a software platform that
others can use to learn themselves and to teach others.

As we have the wish that our work is universally used, we'll need to
teach each other how is life in every part of the world and how we can
better work so it serves best everywhere. Mikus hasn't been afraid of
showing his ignorance about how USB sticks are used in Mongolia and
you have kindly replied with an useful explanation.

I hope we can keep sharing experiences like this but with a bit less
of animosity.

Regards,

Tomeu