[sugar] journal is hard (was Re: notes from the field - Mongolia)

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Thu Oct 9 14:57:50 EDT 2008

Elana Langer wrote from Mongolia:
> basically when teachers and students try to find their work (write,
> record, etoys)  in the journal it is hard for them to locate it -
> especially if it is more than a few days old. This is why everyone is
> desperate to save their projects on USB keys.

My perception of the above statement is that it is an indictment of
the ability of Sugar (vs. traditional computing) to be a convincing
tool for teachers (and for the students those teachers influence).

When users are "desperate to save their projects on USB keys"
(something that was not a principal intent of Sugar), there is
something out of whack.

mikus