[sugar] saving files (was Re: notes from the field - Mongolia)

elana langer elana.langer
Thu Oct 9 13:14:04 EDT 2008

Hey Tomeu-

By "file" I mean the product of their work - in write a document, in
record a picture, in etoys a project etc. They want to save what they
do in a "traditional" way. Now when I mean 'they' I am referring
mostly to teachers or teacher trainers. But i think we need to face
the reality that because we want these computers to be used within as
a tool to reform formal educational we need to consider that teachers
are going to work on the computers too. They also really want to guide
the students - when it is hard for them to find their own work they
panic. Also when they finish their work and want to share it with
others or upload it from a computer that has connectivity they find it
near impossible to move their work to a USB key. I don't have enough
data from kids trying to do the same yet but hopefully I will see what
they do in the next weeks.