[sugar] Viewing PDFs from Browse

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Tue Oct 7 18:46:44 EDT 2008

Hello,

It looks like reading PDF files from the web via Browse is a pain,
since, Browse saves the file to Journal, and then one has to go to the
Journal and open up the saved file via Read (#8330). Can we treat PDF
files like we handle media files (oggs mostly) by means of a Browse
plugin ?
I took a look at this during the weekend, and came up with a hack
which looks like
http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/Screenshot_browse_pdf.png
I used mozplugger and a simple PDF viewer using the Evince python
bindings to make my work simpler.
Can this be a possible workaround till we find a better solution ?

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta