[sugar] New modules/activities proposal

Simon Schampijer simon
Tue Oct 7 08:30:46 EDT 2008

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Hello!
>
> there is time until October 29 to propose new modules, and new
> activities in particular, to be part of the 0.84 release. If you are
> an activity maintainer and would like to propose its inclusion please
> send mail to this list, providing the following informations. There a
> bunch of interesting activities which are being developed and I hope
> to see many of them included in the coordinated release. As proved by
> the 0.82 cycle coordination is very useful for development,
> translation and distribution.
>
> You can see what will be your duties from here:
>
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam#Module_release

In retrospect to the 0.82 cycle I want to stress out those two points
marco mentioned.

* Are you willing to follow the project schedule?
* Are you willing to provide regular source releases?

It is the duty of the maintainer to release the activity. It does not
take long to do so, and we are working on making it even simpler in the
future.

As a maintainer you should not only release when there were changes to
the code, you should do so as well when there were translation updates.
Translations are hard work, and you should help the translators to get
them in.

Thanks,
    Simon