[Sugar-devel] source view - list all files

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Wed Nov 26 05:54:11 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wondered today if we should black list some of the files in the source
> view for the activity sources.

Maybe yes, maybe no. One point is that even if we cannot have a
meaningful view of the contents of a file, that file may still play an
important role in the internal structure of the activity and is
interesting to show it. The file tree on the left is not just for
accessing the file contents, but also for displaying to the user the
structure of the bundle.

> For example the pyc files since those are
> not displayable - at least for now. Another option would be to do a hex
> display. Or we still show them as content of the bundle, but we list
> them at the bottom and give feedback about the if and why when you click
> on them. (Non svg images are another good example).

Sounds good. We could easily display most images, though perhaps we
don't really want to display them but show its "source" in hex.

> This should be a start to get the discussion going.

That's the spirit!

Thanks,

Tomeu