[sugar] [IAEP] Sugar for the rich

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Tue May 27 18:03:39 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> There are Sugar packages for
>> Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu, the OLPC images, Greg livecd.
>
> The point of my post was that if I were living in a remote area
> somewhere, I might well have received a XO from some organization.
> I'd be much less likely to have received Fedora or Debian or Ubuntu,
> or images or a livecd.

As you can see from the release thread, we are totally keeping to
produce XO images, so I still don't see your point.

>> What do you mean with jhbuild inclusion in the mainline development?
>
> I quoted the post titled "Sucrose 0.81.1 Development Release".  The
> only purpose mentioned in that announcement, or in the webpage it
> pointed to, was: "test the release in jhbuild".

The purpose of the source release is the same of any other open source
project. To give an official set of sources that people and more
importantly distributors can use to build the binaries they will run.

jhbuild is used as a way to test the sources before releasing them.

Marco