[sugar] Announce: Spanish Wikipedia snapshot activity.

Chris Ball cjb
Mon May 26 11:19:44 EDT 2008

Hi Tomeu,

   > Ok, this is a bug that was partially improved for u1 but some of
   > the improvements were parked until u2 because were too invasive at
   > the time. Current joyride should be better and one more fix is
   > about to land in there.

Have we considered just spawning unzip instead of using Python code?
That would let the scheduler take care of the responsiveness for us.

   > What cannot be fixed in sugar is the time that takes to be written
   > and read from flash. Not compressing the zip would help on
   > that. Any chance we can get into the august release the ability to
   > mark files in jffs2 as "don't compress please"?

I've added a comment to http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/2886.  I think we
should target this at the August release, if it looks straightforward
to Dave.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--