[sugar] OLPC's bizarre behaviors

Todd Cranston-Cuebas geekhunter
Fri May 23 11:50:14 EDT 2008

Thank you. This is exactly what I was getting at. Sometimes impression
doesn't match reality but it really has to be managed. May open source
projects flourished based on good PR and some excellent, superior
technologies dwindle away when the "feelings" of the outside world are
ignored. I'm not saying that I expected a "perfect" machine when it arrived,
but even though I'm quite technical I still was surprised by how much needed
to be done and what did not work (especially some of the most touted
features in the news spots). You have to manage expectations especially if
you're expecting future donations to support OLPC's growth.

Todd