[sugar] Experiments with Metacity

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Mon May 19 10:38:02 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
> <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maximize + undecorated might work. It has to be done by each activity.
>
> We could add an option to make metacity show *no* decoration for
> maximized windows. As long as we have a Close menu on the frame that
> should be desired also for desktop applications.
>
> Ideally we could figure out a way to make metacity maximize activity
> windows by default, but I can't think of a clean way to do it. One
> problem with doing the maximize in the activity is that it would still
> do so when running on a normal desktop.

It looks like  a set_resizable(False) seems to work around the issue.
Currently I'm doing

       self.set_decorated(False)
       self.set_resizable(False)
       self.maximize()

from the __init__() method of the Activity class of
sugar-toolkit/src/sugar/activity/activity.py.

Cheers,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta