[sugar] hot corners

Simon Schampijer simon
Wed May 14 20:38:05 EDT 2008

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> Wade Brainerd wrote:
>>  > If we are adding a delay, would it be acceptable to enable the frame
>>  > activation along the edges of the screen in addition to the corners?
>>
>>  This was why the corners where chosen:
>>  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Laptop_Experience/The_Frame#Hot_Corners
>>
>>  With the new frame design where activities are placed in the upper frame
>>  I trapped myself trying to invoke the frame where I know the activities
>>  are placed in the frame to switch between activities. For me that seem
>>  to be convenient to add activation at least to the upper frame.
>
> Same here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tomeu

I have put an rpm which has a control panel option to set a delay for the frame
activation and an option to toggle the top of the screen to activate the frame
as well.

http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/cp/

You need to install sugar and sugar-toolkit (rpm -U [package] should work
fine). I tested on joyride 1918.

The control panel can be accessed with the palette on the XO in the home screen.

Best,
    Simon