[sugar] Release schedule and process

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Wed May 14 05:28:04 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>  Coordinating a release requires effort from the release team and from
>  each of the component maintainers. If we reach a sufficiently high
>  number of components to coordinate, we'll need to increase the
>  sophistication of our process, making it potentially more cumbersome.

The coordination needs to happen at some level. Either you do it at
development process level or you do it at the distribution level.

I'm a big fan of doing it upstream because:

1 it saves resources if you consider the whole ecosystem.
2 it gives clear identity and goals to the project.
3 it involves activity developers in the design and development of the platform.
4 it encourage integration with the platform, which is a big user
experience win.

Marco