[sugar] Other jhbuild issues - No module named sugar.activity

Dan Krejsa dan.krejsa
Thu May 8 23:35:32 EDT 2008

Hi Marco,

This email is one I sent to the sugar list before I
belonged to it and before I got your good advice to recreate my jhbuild
environment from scratch.  After doing that, I don't have any more build
problems. Thanks again!

I do presently have a runtime issue with the Browse activity
running under jhbuild -- whenever I try to download anything in Browse,
I get an error dialog

  sugar-activity

      /tmp could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred.
      Try saving to a different location.

Of course, with Browse, one isn't give a choice of download location.
Clicking on the OK button results in Browse dying. The log is attached.

I'll look into this if nobody wiser can explain what's going on, but I'm
coming to web-activity / xulrunner pretty cold & ignorant ;-)

I also have a curious question -- in web-activity/downloadmanager.py,
what is the meaning of the trailing double-quote character in the first
argument to components.registrar.registerFactory(), e.g.

components.registrar.registerFactory('{64355793-988d-40a5-ba8e-fcde78cac631}"',
                                     'Sugar Download Manager',
                                     '@mozilla.org/helperapplauncherdialog;1',
                                     Factory(DownloadManager))

It looked to me like it might be a typo, but I saw no effect from 'fixing'
it in the two places it occurred in that file.

- Dan