[sugar] f8+ sugar-jhbuild telepathy-gabble problem

Martin Dengler martin
Thu May 8 09:10:55 EDT 2008

Hi sugar@,

I'm having a problem with sugar-jhbuild that's somewhat new:
loudmouth is 1.2.3 on a F8 + updates, but sugar-jhbuild now requires
it to be 1.3.2:
http://cree.xades.com/~martin/src/xo-sugar-jhbuild/telepathy-gabble.html#configure
.

In speaking with people on IRC, it appears that telepathy-gabble
does now require this version of loudmouth but that F8 should work, so
I'm probably just doing something wrong (yes, I've started with a new
sugar-jhbuild a number of times, and I was previously able to build
everything fine).

Does anybody have telepathy-gabble building on F8?  I plan on
switching to F9 soon to minimize this type of issue (F9/rawhide has
the right version of loudmouth, and though installing that rpm worked
fine, telepathy-gabble failed to link due to loudmouth <-> glib
issue), but it'd be helpful if someone were able to put me right in
the meantime.

Thanks,
Martin