[sugar] Sugar via LTSP?

Sameer Verma sverma
Thu May 8 02:13:38 EDT 2008

We have a lab that runs Edubuntu 7.10 currently via LTSP
(http://opensource.sfsu.edu/medusa). The setup has one server with two
Xeon processors and 4GB of RAM which serves a total of 32 desktops. The
infrastructure is already setup to serve thin clients to the desktops
which then show forwarded X sessions from the server.

I'd like to be able to push out some form of a Sugar image to these
desktops so that we can run a lab full of Sugar machines for people to
try out. This setup can also be useful for demos in a variety of lab
setups (think of a portable server that can be plugged into the LAN
switch of any lab and turn it into a temporary Sugar lab).

I was wondering if anyone as tried this.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University