[sugar] jumpy cursor problem and sugar issue

Ixo X oxI ixo
Sat May 3 15:22:36 EDT 2008

One thing to note also,
   I have observed that many people (including myself) out of habit do a
quick 'double-tap' on the touchpad for a 'left-click' (which is standard for
most US 'typical' laptops).

I've noticed, 8 times out of 10 times touching the keyboard like this, the
cursor and sensitively of the touchpad goes 'wacko' (highly technical term,
I know. More specifically the 'over-sensitivity' issue:).  Especially in the
650 and 653 builds.  However, four-finger-salute touchpad-reset typically
fixes the problem.

Unfortunately, I am currently running latest joyride (now 1914), and the
problem still sporadically happens.

Might want to see if there is a trend on the last thing that the kids do on
the keyboard/touchpad, just before the wild-cursor issues happen.  (i.e.
double-tap, pushing hard, wiped with cloth, spit on keyboard, PB&J, tears of
frustration, broken broccoli, tap with pencil,  spilled lama juice, etc)

One idea of a 'control group', would be have different set/group of kids use
different pointers.. instead of whole finger..... like their fingernail,
hover over pad without touching, different fingers, etc...

Hope that helps,
-iXo