[sugar] perceived sugar performance

Don Hopkins dhopkins
Fri May 2 10:26:15 EDT 2008

I've been working on reimplementing the Micropolis (SimCity) user
interface in Python/GTK/Cairo, layering it so it can be integrated with
Sugar, but also run on other platforms.
It currently runs on generic Linux/X11, Mac OS/X and Windows.
I haven't done any Sugar integration yet, but I plan on doing that once
the core portable parts work well enough.

The "micropolis" portable Python module is in the "MicropolisCore"
directory on google code:
http://code.google.com/p/micropolis/

I've implemented panning the map by holding down a key (which could be
mapped to the hand key in Sugar), and popping up pie menus with the
right mouse button.

I could use some suggestions about zooming.
Are there any standard techniques or key bindings for zooming in and out
in Sugar?

    -Don