[sugar] icon assistance/validation

Bert Freudenberg bert
Tue Mar 18 11:20:16 EDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 15:59 , Eben Eliason wrote:
> I'm honestly not too worried
> about corruption of files, since the resulting SVG should remain fully
> editable after conversion, and running the script multiple times
> shouldn't be a problem either.

That's too many "should"s ;) But seriously, it's a big no-no for Unix
scripts to modify files by default, at least it is very unexpected.
This should be done only when given a -i option (for in-place), with
optional creation of a backup-file. The default operation should
create to a different file.

In the regular designer-programmer work flow, I would get an icon from
the designer, from which I build an icon for release using that
script. This would never modify the original icon (which hopefully is
checked in to some version control system).

- Bert -